Ecopath with Ecosim (EwE) is a free ecological/ecosystem modeling software suite. EwE has three main components: Ecopath – a static, mass-balanced snapshot of the system; Ecosim – a time dynamic simulation module for policy exploration; and Ecospace – a spatial and temporal dynamic module primarily designed for exploring impact and placement of protected areas. The Ecopath software package can be used to
- Address ecological questions;
- Evaluate ecosystem effects of fishing;
- Explore management policy options;
- Analyze impact and placement of marine protected areas;
- Predict movement and accumulation of contaminants and tracers (Ecotracer);
- Model effect of environmental changes;
- Facilitate end-to-end model construction.
EwE 6.7 is in the works with exciting features such as shared arenas, other mortality forcing, multi-threaded stepwise fitting, colorblind themes throughout the UI, an easier to use licensing system, and a pile of bug fixes.
On 1 November 2022, Andy Stock will present “Exploring cumulative human impacts with EwE: State of the art and future directions”. Please register to attend the live event