Ecopath with Ecosim (EwE) is a free ecological/ecosystem modeling software suite. EwE has three main components: Ecopath – a static, mass-balanced snapshot of the system; Ecosim – a time dynamic simulation module for policy exploration; and Ecospace – a spatial and temporal dynamic module primarily designed for exploring impact and placement of protected areas. The Ecopath software package can be used to
- Address ecological questions;
- Evaluate ecosystem effects of fishing;
- Explore management policy options;
- Analyze impact and placement of marine protected areas;
- Predict movement and accumulation of contaminants and tracers (Ecotracer);
- Model effect of environmental changes;
- Facilitate end-to-end model construction.
The latest release of Ecopath with Ecosim is version 6.5, released in July 2016.
Ecopath 35 years conference – 4-11 December 2019
Registration for the “Ecopath 35 years – Making Ecosystem-Based Management Operational” Conference is open!! The program is shaping up, and the three-days conference is going to be accompanied by a host of introductory and specialized courses. We’re looking immensely forward to seeing you in Florida this December!
22 December 2018: EwE 6.6 Beta is over. The beta installers have been downloaded over 1200 times, and we have received a number of useful reports. Many thanks to all who contributed. We plan to release EwE 6.6 in the fall of 2019 once all important issues have been addressed.
With the release of EwE 6.6 we will start offering the ability to purchase a professional version of EwE.